Query about Iceape, Iceweasel

Who is responsible for Iceape and Iceweasel?

I am running Debian 4.0, which came with these two applications rather than the Mozilla applications, and the two applications appear to be quite buggy and unstable.

To go to the Mozilla web site to try to install the equivalent applications (I don't remember what they are named - I think that one is seamonkey (?) ), they are not available as .deb packages for Debian, and trying to install them otherwise, is too problematic. Problems with that, reported t5o Mozialla, have apparently been ignored - maybe Moziila doesn't like Debian users and so ignores us, hoping we will just disappear.

Both Iceape and Iceweasel, open up "untitled windows" when trying to open web pages at all kinds of locations, and, trying to close one of these "untitled windows" when it is initially displayed, crashes the application, including all of the browser windows that it has open; a procedure has to be used, of some time later, finding the duplicate copy of the "untitled window" that the application has opened, and, closing that, will cause the "untitled window" to close. So, when these "untitled windows start opening, all that can be done, is minimising the "untitled window" and its duplicate (they open in pairs), and, again clicking on the link to get the destination that was sought when the application decided to goawry.

Also, the two applications appear to be designed to use up all of the RAM, regardless of how much RAM is available and how many browser windows and tabs ar open, leading to crashes in the application, the windows manager, and, sometimes, the operating system.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."