Re: Query about Iceape, Iceweasel

On 10/16/2007 01:30 AM, Bret Busby wrote:
[...]
The "untitled windows" appear to open as pop-ups, although I have a setup configuration of the web browsers, to block pop-ups, which obviously does not work within the software.

The problem also appears to occur, apart from when I open links in either new tabs or new windows, when a tab within a window, automatically refreshes, such as the news and weather web pages at http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDW60034.shtml and http://www.abc.net.au/news/justin/ . Then, I get multiple "untitled windows" opened, even if I am not doing anything, other than leaving browser windows displaying web pages, open.
[...]

When I visit those sites in Iceweasel, I don't get the behavior you describe. It looks like your Iceweasel installation is mussed. Purge iceweasel and reinstall it.

Since I use aptitude for package management, I would do this:

aptitude purge iceweasel
aptitude install iceweasel

Your Iceweasel/Mozilla profile might also be messed up. Move your profile to someplace where Iceweasel can't find it, e.g. a trash directory. Do this before starting iceweasel again. Read here about your profile folder:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile

http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is a great place to get information about Mozilla.