Re: booting from DVD? SOLVED

Miles Fidelman wrote:
Wayne Topa wrote:

If you have k3b installed you could try usig it to create a bootable
dvd.

just tried k3b, and it wasn't bootable either

I've tried burning several images that purport to be bootable, but I'm guessing there are some parameters I have to set as well. When I burn CDs, they just work - but the DVDs don't (readable, but not bootable) - so I'm not sure what's going on.

turns out my drive needed a firmware update

updating the firmware fixed the problem - turns out I was burning DVDs just fine, but the drive wasn't recognizing them

pulled the drive, stuck it in my kids' windows machine, ran the flash utility, put the drive back in my tower - and now it boots just fine

thanks all

Miles