Re: [SOLVED] Re: stereo on mp3 playback

Kevin Mark wrote:
On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 07:08:37PM +0100, andy wrote:

Hi

Yes, the mp3s did play in stereo before. In any event, I rebooted and while
the machine was shutting down, I heard a "pop" sound from the left speaker
and upon reboot all is well.

I don't know what happened, but suspect that it was perhaps a module not

That word 'pop' awoke something. I recall that some speakers have a
automatic volume adjustment whereby if they get a sudden loud burst,
they stop the sound until being powered down. So maybe you have these
kind of speakers? Are they 'powered' or hooked up to a reciever?

They are independently powered and then plugged into the sound card output jack. All current runs to the right and then off to the left speakers.

It's worth my monitoring, and if it happens again I won't reboot but will try to debug it.