Re: Stupid question (was Re: Repost of some earlier described "challenges")

On Wed, 2007.09.26 12:52, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Fedora I would not recommend to anyone not interested in
> eternally fiddling with the machine, broken interfaces,
> and churn. It's for people whose hobbies include fiddling
> with new installs and reloading.
>
> I'm not into that, either, for these large machines.
> When I finally upgrade to another release, it won't be
> FC.
>
> The reason _I_ installed FC was that I got an employment
> contract, and was requested to build up a machine which
> could dual boot WinXP and FC for test on multiple platforms.
> Due to inertia and general laziness, I have not moved from
> FC2, which in FC terms is REALLY ANCIENT.
>
> I don't like it, but I also don't like reloading. :-)

I started using Linux with FC2 (or FC3 maybe) and was just thrilled with it
(with Linux, really).  Then I got annoyed with FC's bleeding edge software and
also decided that I shouldn't have to reinstall every 6 months in order to stay
current.  That's when I started using Debian (and was thrilled all over again).
Now reinstalling is unnecessary and I can get as close to the bleeding edge as
I want by using whichever distribution (stable, testing, or unstable).