Re: Repost of some earlier described "challenges"

Gabriel Parrondo wrote:
El mié, 26-09-2007 a las 01:17 -0500, Mike McCarty escribió:
Gabriel Parrondo wrote:
El mar, 25-09-2007 a las 21:33 -0500, Mike McCarty escribió:
[snip of something I can't help with]
She can't associate multiple queues with a single printer,
but there is already another thread about that. There is
currently no work around, but there is hope that using the
CUPS I/F directly may work.
Let us know when you try this out. I have several instances of each
printer created in cups each one with different configuration
(grayscale, color, color high quality) and it works great. Using gnome.
Really? I worked on that repeatedly with no success. Works
great on my machine (different distro, however).

Same printer?

No, not same printer.

 I wonder if we need to do a

# apt-get update some-package

The update command doesn't take any arguments.

I'm not sure if you ever told us what model the printer is...

It's a relatively new HP printer. I don't happen to have
the model number on the top of my head.

But for hp printers there is:
hplip-ppds, hpijs-ppds, foomatic-db-hpijs, hpoj, linuxprinting.org-ppds.

You could also try with:
apt-cache search ppd

Ok.

Does she have windows installed? I usually see people using ntfs
partitions without having windows installed, I fail to understand why...

For many years this machine ran Windows NT. When she felt she
couldn't run NT any longer, and was tired of having not USB
support, she decided to try something else. I suggested trying
Linux again (she tried and didn't like RH 6.0) as it has come
a long way.

That disc is from before the Debian install.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.