Re: Tool for document management

Andrei Popescu schrieb:
On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 09:57:35PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
    Not having to learn LaTeX would be the head of my list.  While I am sure
it is a fine and dandy language for what it does and I know there are people
who have produced some nice text using it I do not wish to learn a third
computer language just to write fiction in my native language.  What
OpenOffice offers is convenience of visually representing what I want with a
low barrier to entry.
Did you try lyx? Just going through the tutorial should give you an idea.

Some years ago I changed from LyX to OpenOffice. These days I tried to change back. One of the reasons was that there is no grep possible in OO. Alas, Texlive and therefore LyX, too, seem not to allow UTF-8, which by now has become an absolute necessity for me.

Yours
Hans

Regards,
Andrei