Re: baffling ssh problem

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 01:42:48PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:

> I agree Andrew.  Other then reading the mail today I am going to be
> looking into the problem, as it was, to see if I can figure out
> exactly, why the problem occured and what package the bug report
> should be filed against.

well its interesting that it cares what the parent directory perms are
(from your other mail in this thread). I would think the .ssh
directory would be sufficient. I'm not sure where to report the
problem as well. Things that occur to me: does ssh-copy-id assume that
/home/$USER has the correct perms without checking? if so, on what is
that assumption based and who sets that perm (adduser perhaps?)?
That's where I see the breakdown. Either ssh-copy-id isn't doing a
sufficient job of checking or its assumptions are faulty.

.02