Re: baffling ssh problem

Allan Wind(allan_wind@lifeintegrity.com) is reported to have said:
> On 2007-09-18T16:46:59-0700, David Brodbeck wrote:
> > Nine times out of ten when pass-wordless login doesn't work for me,
> > it's a permissions issue.
>
> David probably nailed it, but if you still have an issue it is sometimes
> helpful to run ssh with -vvvv then compare output between working and
> non-working users.  sshd also has additional logging you can enable to
> troubleshoot this.

BINGO!

ls -ld /home/wtopa
drwxrwx---

chmod 755 /home/wtopa
ssh now works pass-wordless.

I've been messing with that for 2 weeks.  I must not have used a good
enough search phrase on Google.

Thanks David, you are the man.  Why I never thought of the auth log
I'll blame on being lost in the forest or just being _dumb_.

Thanks Allan, I had not remembered the -vvv either.  I know I had used
that a few years ago when troubleshooting an ssh problem. I'll crawl
off onto the corner stool now.

Many Thanks Guys!!!

Wayne (The Dunce)

--
Don't document the program; program the document.