Re: Two Xorg processes?

Florian Kulzer ha scritto:
Maybe the fglrx driver is to blame; did you already check if you still
see two Xorg processes with the basic "vesa" driver enabled instead?

I created a brand new xorg.conf file, using the "vesa" driver, and the second Xorg process was gone. I changed the driver to "fglrx" and there it was again. So yes, we have found the culprit.

I guess this means also that we (I) have reached a dead end, since fglrx is not open source. I will look at the ATI website and try to collect more information.

Florian, thanks for the help.

A tautology is a thing which is tautological.
Time flies like an arrow.  Fruit flies like a banana.