Re: [OT] A significant negative impact on Linux's popularity?

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 10:58:33PM +0100, Terence wrote:
> On 25/07/07, Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:
>
>> If they still publish it, the Washington Bicyclists Manual would be a good
>> place to start for finding citations there.
>
> OK, it's OT, but what possible connection is there between the title
> "[OT] A significant negative impact on Linux's popularity?" and a
> bicycle in Washington (wherever that is)?
>
> Is it that "binary = bicycle", or because Linux users behave like
> nil/ill trained bicyclists on the (M$) super-highway?
>
> I think we should be told!

you must have missed the beginning of it all.. This is the tail end of
what for us is a pretty minor OT thread (good job guys! We kept it
under control). Someone, I forget who and it doesn't matter, made some
analogy to bicycles going against traffic in what was otherwise an OT,
but linux related thread. That errupted into a brief
shower of fire about bikes vs cars and subsequent OT ramblings about
all sorts of bicycle related issues. We're now down to maybe 1 or 2
messages a day in the thread and it looked to be dying... until you
brought it up again... ;)