Re: where is tzconfig ?

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 17:20:51 +0200, Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:

[ snip: We are trying to figure out how to search for packages that
  depend on specific versions of other packages. ]

> The following seems to work:
>
> $ aptitude search '~i~D(libneon~V0\.25)'
> i A librpm4
> $ aptitude search '~i~D(libneon~V0\.26)'
> i A libsvn1
>
> but
>
> $ aptitude search '~i~D(libc6~V2\.3)'
>
> finds nothing, although, e.g., package hddtemp does depend on
> libc6 (>= 2.3.6-6)
> Any idea?

Strange, I get lots of hits with the last command:

$ aptitude search '~i~D(libc6~V2\.3)' | wc -l
1153

I am on Sid which means libc6 version 2.6-1.

I have the impression that I get a large number of matching packages
because I have stable, testing, unstable and experimental in my
sources.list. This command seems to match package "foo" as long as any
known version of "foo" specifies a "2\.3" version dependency on libc6.
This does not have to be the version that is actually installed.
Therefore I think this command does not really help users who
accidentally made a mixed system out of their Debian installation.

          Florian   |