Re: where is tzconfig ?

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 13:48:36 +0200, Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> > maybe apache2) which I guess pulled the dependencie. Is there a way to
> > see which package require a newer libc6 than the one in sarge ?
>
> Aptitude can do this with the command
>
>   aptitude search '~i~Dlibc6~V2.5'
>
> This searches all installed packages depending on libc6 with version
> number 2.5.

Are you sure? It seems to me that this will find all installed packages
whose version string contains "2.5" and which depend on any version of
libc6 (or, to be more precise, on any package whose name contains
the string "libc6").

A simple test case:

$ aptitude search '~i~Dlibc6~V226-1'
i A xterm                                               - X terminal emulator

Xterm on Sid is indeed at version 226-1 at the moment.

          Florian   |