Re: where is tzconfig ?

On 7/9/07, Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer+debian@icfo.es> wrote:
>> What output do you get when you run this:
>>
>> dpkg -l libc6\* timezoneconf | awk '/^[^D|+]/{print $1,$2,$3}'
>>

> $ dpkg -l libc6\* timezoneconf | awk '/^[^D|+]/{print $1,$2,$3}'
> ii libc6 2.5-9+b1
> ii libc6-dbg 2.5-9+b1
> ii libc6-dev 2.5-9+b1
> un libc6-doc <none>
> ii libc6-i686 2.5-9+b1
> un libc6.1 <none>
> un libc6.1-dev <none>
> rc timezoneconf 0.10

Why are you using libc6 from Lenny on your Sarge system?

The post-Sarge versions of the libc6 package require an extra package,
"tzdata", to provide the files in /usr/share/zoneinfo. You should not
even be able to install such a libc6 package without also installing
tzdata. (Unless you use "dpkg --force-depends -i".)

How did you get your system into this state? (We need to know, otherwise
we cannot figure out the best way to fix it.)

I do not know who/what is Lenny.
By default I have a sarge system. Sometimes I need something from
sarge-backports, and I *think* I needed to install valgrind 3.2 (or
maybe apache2) which I guess pulled the dependencie. Is there a way to
see which package require a newer libc6 than the one in sarge ?

Thanks
-Mathieu