Re: dist-upgrade problem

Zach wrote:

> If I wish to upgrade a package would I do "upgrade" instead of
> "install" in your example?
> Should I delete this file if I wish to not do pinning?
>
> Zach
upgrade and install are two different things. "upgrade" looks for a later
version for all the packages that you have already installed. "install"
applies only to the individual package or packages contained in the command
line. Generally its used to install new packages that you want. Pinning
applies to individual packages. Reading the manual might be helpful here.
Cheers,
Jonathan