Re: Printing with lprng; no CUPS! :-)

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 08:17:45AM -0400, Douglas Allan Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> was heard to say:
> On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 11:39:46AM +1000, CaT wrote:
> > >
> > > toncho/~ sudo apt-get -s install foomatic-gui
> >
> > Thank you. At least someone figured out that there was a reason why one
> > might want to try apt-get instead. Aptitude, imo, tries too hard to err
> > on the side of the completely clueless user.
>

> Could some of that problem be having aptitude treat recommends as
> required?

  aptitude is just doing what the package dependencies tell it to do.

    foomatic-gui          Depends:    python-gnome2-extras
    python-gnome2-extras  Depends:    python-gnome2-desktop
    python-gnome2-desktop Depends:    libgtksourceview1.0-0
    libgtksourceview1.0-0 Depends:    libgnomeprint2.2-0
    libgnomeprint2.2-0    Recommends: cupsys

  If you think this is inappropriate, I suggest you file a bug on
libgnomeprint2.2-0.

  Daniel