Re: Aptitude wants to remove OpenOffice.org

Hi Doug,

On 6/9/07, Douglas Allan Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

...  I used mc (midnight commander)
to poke into the rpm just as if (maybe it is) a tarball and installed
everything under /usr/local.  This was before /opt was in the hier.

Now that /opt is in the hier, I would suggest that you would install the
whole shebang manually under /opt/$PACKAGENAME which makes removal later
much easier.

I have a long way to go before I am that far.
But I have already adapted to the habit of installing such packages in /opt.
In fact, I have a separate partition for /opt.

Greetings, Manon.