Re: Aptitude wants to remove OpenOffice.org

On 06/07/07 19:08, Manon Metten wrote:
Hi,

On Etch, after having successfully removed OOo 2.0 and installed OOo 2.2.0,
after an aptitude update/upgrade aptitude complains:

The following packages are unused and will be REMOVED:
 openoffice.org-base openoffice.org-calc openoffice.org-draw
 openoffice.org-impress openoffice.org-math openoffice.org-writer

So I went into aptitude, searched for openoffice and manually set these
packages to Keep. Is this common behavior or have I done something wrong?

Linux debian 2.6.18-4-486 #1 Wed May 9 22:23:40 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux

Thanks in advance, Manon.

FIY:

I've done the following to install OOo 2.2.0:

used aptitude to remove openoffice 2.0
unpacked the 2.2.0 tarball
aptitude install sun-java5-bin sun-java5-jre
alien --to-deb --keep-version --scripts *.rpm
dpkg -i *.deb
dpkg -i openoffice.org-debian-menus_2.2-9119_all.deb

Why are you using the upstream binaries instead of the Debian OOo 2.2.x packages?

P.S. html mail is Eeeeevil.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA