Re: Is Etch Stable is really stable?

On 5/31/07, s. keeling <keeling@spots.ab.ca> wrote:

I know there's aptitude clean and autoclean.  The first blows away all
archives.  The latter tries to do it more sensibly.

A "clean install" blows everything away, and starts from scratch.

Sorry, what I meant was a clean etch install. I somehow got confused
between the two things. Just wanted to know how to do a clean etch
install but instead of downloading from the net, use the
/var/cache/apt/archieve repo.

BTW, see my .sig!  I have "don't Cc: me" in mine too.  Your MUA doesn't
honour Reply To List.  You need to edit your To: header manually.  FYI.

Thanks, I'll edit it manually everytime now. It puts the author's
email automatically sometimes and sometimes just the list email and I
miss to see. Bad Gmail!

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.