Re: Is Etch Stable is really stable?

Deboo ^ <knowledgeful@gmail.com>:
>  Well, can someone tell me if I have to delete the
>  /var/cache/apt/archives to do a clean install .... or is it that it
>  will be cleaned too when issuing the apt-get install clean ?

(0) heretic.spots.ab.ca /home/keeling_ aptitude search clean
p   bibclean                             - pretty-printer for BibTeX databases
p   gtk2-engines-cleanice                - CleanIce themes for GTK+ 2.x
p   libhtml-clean-perl                   - Cleans up HTML code for web browsers, not human

"clean" doesn't appear to exist.  :-(

I know there's aptitude clean and autoclean.  The first blows away all
archives.  The latter tries to do it more sensibly.

A "clean install" blows everything away, and starts from scratch.

BTW, see my .sig!  I have "don't Cc: me" in mine too.  Your MUA doesn't
honour Reply To List.  You need to edit your To: header manually.  FYI.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html