Re: Problem installing Debian Lenny "Failed to install base system"

On Sat, Apr 21, 2007 at 11:28:36AM -0700, Redefined Horizons wrote:
> On 4/21/07, Michael Pobega <pobega@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Just a quick note, top-posting is generally frowned upon here (I purged
> >the rest of the topic from this message because it was becoming a
> >complicated mess, too much for me to fix).
> >
> >> Scott Huey wrote:
> >> Michael,
> >>
> >> How do I restart the installation after I've made the changes you
> >> indicated?
> >>
> >> Scott Huey
> >

> >The installer should continue once you do that, try doing it before you
> >actually install anything and then the installer should run normally,
> >without complaining about a debootstrap script missing.
> >
> >--
> >http://digital-haze.net/~pobega/ - My Website
> >If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative
> >programs, by the same token they deserve to be punished if they
> >restrict the use of these programs.
> > - Richard Stallman
> >

> >--
> >

> Michael,
>
> Sorry about the top posting. I at times forget which mailing lists
> prefer it, and which discourage it.
>
> Do you have any idea if this is a bug, or just a problem I encountered
> on my particular installation? (I got it working with your help by the
> way.) Should I file a bug report?
>
> Scott Huey

Nope, the same thing happened to me. And as far as I know the developers
know about it, but hopefully they update the ISO images soon.

I'm not sure where you'd go to submit this bug, since the
Debian-Installer isn't a package (The package debian-installer is just
documentation, as far as I know).

If someone else would be kind enough to point us in the right direction
to submit a bug report Scott and I could work together on it.