Re: Netgear WPN311 Wireless G problems

I just felt like "closing" this thread.

I had a Netgear WPN311 Wireless G PCI Card. (It actually said "WPN311NA" in one place on the box, but whatever) The chipset was identified via lspci as an Atheros 5212.

I tried using the Madwifi drivers (0.9.3 stable release) which should supposedly work, but they never did. I tried on Ubuntu where the drivers are installed by default, and I also tried installing from source myself on Fedora. Both times I had the same results: Everything seemed to work just fine, but the card never returned any scan results. I'm fairly competent with Linux, and I tried for a solid week to get it to work. I can't be certain that the card wasn't just defective, but it's been returned to the store.

- GM