Re: word list for document index

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 15:20:39 -0500, Russell L. Harris wrote:

[ ...transition from tetex to texlive; so far so good, but... ]

> (4) Now when I try to run LaTeX on a document, there is an error message:
>
>     This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.30.5-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)
>     ---! /home/rlh/.texmf-var/web2c/latex.fmt doesn't match pdfetex.pool
>     (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)
>
> But I installed TeXLive without difficulty on another i386 system on
> which it runs without error on the same document.

My first guess would be that you have some old files in your
~/.texmf-var directory which are not upwards compatible. Try to move
this directory out of the way and run latex again; I assume the proper
files will be created automatically then. You could first check if a
"fresh" user has the same problem when running latex.

--
Regards,
          Florian