Re: Security patches for non-stable branches

On 12.04.07 04:12, Tom Allison wrote:
> What is the policy on security patch support for non-stable branches?

testing is kinda supported, but not much

> I want to try *really hard* to keep my installation at stable as much as
> possible but I have one package that I simply must upgrade.

if thats _one_ package, you may just watch its releases and announces
(mailng lists), you probably will know about any problems and can do
security support by yourself.

What is the package? IF it's one of packages that changes often and need
upgrades (like antiviruses and antispam solutions), you may ask its
maintainer for uploading to volatile...

then used against you.