Re: word list for document index

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 09:59:45AM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 15:20:39 -0500, Russell L. Harris wrote:
>
> [ ...transition from tetex to texlive; so far so good, but... ]
>
> > (4) Now when I try to run LaTeX on a document, there is an error message:
> >
> >     This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.30.5-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)
> >     ---! /home/rlh/.texmf-var/web2c/latex.fmt doesn't match pdfetex.pool
> >     (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)
> >
> > But I installed TeXLive without difficulty on another i386 system on
> > which it runs without error on the same document.
>
> My first guess would be that you have some old files in your
> ~/.texmf-var directory which are not upwards compatible. Try to move
> this directory out of the way and run latex again; I assume the proper
> files will be created automatically then. You could first check if a
> "fresh" user has the same problem when running latex.
Without know much about the tex world, this seems to be what I would do
based upon the assumtion that ~/.texmf-var/... was not created by you
and thus would be a remnent of tetex being run and those files being
generated by tetex. Thus with them out of the way, files similar to
those would be recreated by tex-live and would be compatible.
-K
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|