Re: word list for document index

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 05:35:45 -0500, Russell L. Harris wrote:
> * Florian Kulzer [070412 05:21]:
> > Try "detex -w somefile.tex" to get the word list. Detex processes \input
> > and \include commands automatically and it can deal with both plain TeX
> > and LaTeX source files. Detex is included in texlive-extra-utils.
>
> Thanks, Florian.
>
> I now am installing TeXLive on this machine.
>
> Regrettably, this necessitates removing muttprint, which is the reason
> I did not install TeXLive several months ago.
>
> Also, I think that lilypond may not work yet with TeXLive.
>
> But a working and supported version of detex is more important to me.

I think you could simply extract the detex binary from the texlive
package and put it somewhere in your path; it only links against libc6
if I am not mistaken. This would allow you to keep tetex.

muttprint seems to specify an alternative dependency "tetex-extra |
texlive-latex-extra" now, so you should be able to use this package with
texlive also (not sure about lilypond, though).

--
Regards,
          Florian