Re: Which OS? Was "I do consider Ubuntu to be Debian" , Ian Murdock

On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 09:28:48PM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> Greg Folkert <greg@gregfolkert.net> wrote:
>
> > No, really, Sid typically isn't for the faint of heart. A few weeks
> > after Etch release, Sid is gonna be a bumpy ride for a month or more.
> >
> > "To infinity^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HLenny... and beyond!"
>
> Sid too? I thought only testing. But this means I will be able to put
> my recovery techniques/measures to test. This will be fun ;)

Possibly.  Many maintainers have avoided introducing new packages to Sid
during the freeze.  This is because the release managers are very
reluctant to allow new upstream versions into Etch.  If the version in
Sid has been updated, the maintainer has to go through a slightly more
complicated process in order to update the version in Etch.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez