Re: Alternatives to Dreamweaver (was: Re: Wine)

Two approches:
  1. For creating a single web page: Try AbiWord, with the Save As XHTML
feature. It tends to work well, render decently. It's fine for a quick
page. However,
  2. For creating an intricate web site, or a series of web pages, Learn
XHTML, CSS, and perhaps _javascript_. Code it from scratch in nano, Kate,
Gedit, whatever, because there is no WYSIWYG editor currently in
existence that does everything to quality. I.E. things do not render
currectly cross-platform or cross-browser, pieces of code do not
validate, or perhaps the sources are simply unorganized.
  3. If you simply *must* ignore 2, try NVU (which is based on the
original Mozilla Composer). You don't have my blessing.
My friend says that DW has a "template" feature that automatizes building a website. How would you do that without DW?

I don't know DW, I don't know web designing, but I suspect that this is what CSS is for, isn't it?

Again, how would you build a large website of similar pages?

--
Matthew K Poer