Re: A Republican!!!!!! (was Re: OT: sponge burning!)

Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 03/07/07 12:05, Paul Johnson wrote:
>> Al Eridani wrote:
>>
>>> On 3/2/07, Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:
>>>
> [snip]
>>
>> The whole system runs 97% on-time (that is, ±3 minutes of the printed
>> schedule), all transit vehicles are tracked by satellite and actual (not
>
> http://www.trimet.org/schedules/w/t1135_0.htm
>
> The first bus line I looked at is 35-Greeley.  Woo-pee!!!  There's a
> half hour wait between buses.

The 35 Greeley has 30 minute service because it does not travel farther than
walking distance from the Yellow Line MAX except to cut over to University
of Portland, which has it's own shuttle system between it's student
housing, the Yellow Line and campus.

http://www.trimet.org/pdfs/trimetsystemmap.pdf

MAX routes are 7-15 minutes, through city center trains run every 90-120
seconds at rush hour.

Frequent Service (purple routes) are 7 minutes.
Standard Service (green routes) are 15-30 minutes.
Rush-Hour Service (red routes) are 7-15 minutes in the busier direction
(otherwise standard or no service depending on whether it's a regular/local
shuttle or express route).

> And if you've got to transfer, you'll have to wait for the next bus,
> and if the bus you're on is late, that might be another long wait.

Busses are scheduled so they all arrive and leave transit centers at the
same time, and TriMet runs on time more reliably than American clocks[1].
I haven't missed, waited or had to run to make for a transfer in five
years, and not from lack of riding.

[1] Fuck DST...it's not like farmers like losing their social life in the
summer to the clock robbing the morning, or the night shift enjoys getting
screwed on hours twice a year, or that our factories are primarily lit by
skylights anymore, or 3500 people in the first week after the clocks change
twice a year like being killed on American highways due to clock-shift
related fatigue.  Arizona got it right by abolishing this wartime throwback
from the past...