Re: A Republican!!!!!! (was Re: OT: sponge burning!)

judd@wadsworth.org wrote:
>      While it's true that public transportation is not a good solution
> for much of rural America, it's also true that it is woefully underused
> areas where it could work.

    Er... in what reality?  Pretty much every major metro area that has tried
public transportation it has ended up not really improving things, costing
more than projected and has all around been a serious financial sink-hole.
Are there exceptions, sure, but exceptions to a general rule of failure do not
make a sound case for universal acceptance.