Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

>> > Did she get it back when she flipped to being anti-war and effectively
>> > denying that she ever supported the war?
>>
>> No, it demonstrated to me that while she is the political opposite of
>> George
>> Bush, she's just as bad as him for pretty much the same reasons:  They're
>> both lying idiots.
>>
> Umm, in what way has Bush lied?

Weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.  The entire world save Britian
apparently had better intelligence on the Iraq situation than we did.  Or
at least listened to the first Bush when he said occupation of Iraq has no
viable exit the first time around.

> Oh, you mean the PATRIOT Act, which passed 98-1 and 357-66 (which means
> lots of Dems voted for it)?

> Or, the Sonny Bono Copyright Act, which was passed under a voice vote
> (meaning that not enough people felt it was sufficiently important to do
> a recorded vote, or they did and didn't want to be pinned for voting for
> it)?  The one which Bill Clinton then signed?

I'm not holding them harmless for that, but where's the Republicans to right
an obvious atrocity against our constitution?

> Or the DMCA, which passed the House on a voice vote and then the Senate
> unanimously?  The one which Bill Clinton signed?

Again, I'm not holding them harmless for that, but where's the Republicans
to right an obvious atrocity against our constitution?

> BTW, while people are slinging around (mostly unsubstantiated) charges
> of election rigging, Clinton was the one who authorized the sale of
> massive amounts technology to China in exchange for campaign
> contributions.  He also sold sleepovers in the Lincoln Bedroom.  Now, I
> am not trying to say that they Republicans are pure as the wind-driven
> snow.  However, all this hyperbole about the Republicans comes from the
> supporters of party which is *equally as bad*, if not worse.

s/about the Republicans/by the Republicans and you got it right.