Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 01:41:50PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:

> >> She lost my vote over that speech when I heard that on CSPAN live.
> >>
> > Did she get it back when she flipped to being anti-war and effectively
> > denying that she ever supported the war?
>
> No, it demonstrated to me that while she is the political opposite of George
> Bush, she's just as bad as him for pretty much the same reasons:  They're
> both lying idiots.

Umm, in what way has Bush lied?

> >> When the American public got wise to the crony game, the congressional
> >> balance shifted the other way.  Your sarcasm might be seriously on to
> >> something.
> >
> > What crony game is that?
>
> Rigging elections through connections to Diebold, appointing members of the
> problem to his cabinet, and campaigning for a congress that hates American
> ideals so much they're willing to pass freedom-hostile, constitutionally
> questionable things that would make the founding fathers do high enough
> revolutions to light a major city in their graves.  Like the PATRIOT Act,
> and the Republican-congress-forced Sonny Bono Copyright Act and the DMCA.

Oh, you mean the PATRIOT Act, which passed 98-1 and 357-66 (which means
lots of Dems voted for it)?

Or, the Sonny Bono Copyright Act, which was passed under a voice vote
(meaning that not enough people felt it was sufficiently important to do
a recorded vote, or they did and didn't want to be pinned for voting for
it)?  The one which Bill Clinton then signed?

Or the DMCA, which passed the House on a voice vote and then the Senate
unanimously?  The one which Bill Clinton signed?

So, the Sonny Bono Copyright Act and the DMCA passed under the watch of
Clinton and the PATRIOT Act passed with the support of practically every
Democrat in Congress, and these things are the fault of Bush?!?!  Dude,
you must be smoking some truly gnarly stuff.

BTW, while people are slinging around (mostly unsubstantiated) charges
of election rigging, Clinton was the one who authorized the sale of
massive amounts technology to China in exchange for campaign
contributions.  He also sold sleepovers in the Lincoln Bedroom.  Now, I
am not trying to say that they Republicans are pure as the wind-driven
snow.  However, all this hyperbole about the Republicans comes from the
supporters of party which is *equally as bad*, if not worse.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez