Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 01:56:09AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 06:29:17PM -0800, Marc Shapiro wrote:
> >>
> >> 2) I never said a word about WWI or WWII.  My comments we primarily
> >> aimed at the "W" wars.  The ones in which the U.S. unilaterally invaded
> >> another country.  Not wars which involved major portions of the world
> >> that we were drawn in to.
> >>
> > You mean the wars which had overwhelming majority support from both
> > houses of congress?
>
> Not that it means much given both houses of congress were the same party as
> the president.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Resolution_to_Authorize_the_Use_of_United_States_Armed_Forces_Against_Iraq

"The House of Representatives adopted the resolution on October 10,
2002, by a vote of 296-133."

"The Senate adopted the resolution on October 11, 2002, by a vote of
77-23."

Now for the kicker.  It doesn't matter what parties held the congress.
If today's "anti-war" congress were in power, the resolutions *still*
would have passed in 2002.  Don't believe me?  Go look at the names.

> > You mean the wars of which Hillary Clinton
> > said the following [0]:
>
> She lost my vote over that speech when I heard that on CSPAN live.

Did she get it back when she flipped to being anti-war and effectively
denying that she ever supported the war?

> > I just wanted to make sure that we were talking about the same war.
> > Yup, it was *all* W going it alone with nobody's support.
>
> When the American public got wise to the crony game, the congressional
> balance shifted the other way.  Your sarcasm might be seriously on to
> something.

What crony game is that?

Regards,

-Roberto