Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

Ron Johnson wrote:
> 95.4% of all statistics are bogus.  So is this one unless you've got
> a hard reference.

    To be fair I do not, I am referencing Richard Dawkins' citation of such
but do not have that reference on hand (Was it in the _God Delusion_ or on his
web site?).

> But are there any (non-trivial) secular non-totalitarian governments?

    Is this more a case of the rampant theism more than anything else?  Hard
to say that it doesn't work when it really hasn't been tried.  Besides, if I
want to play that game I can always point out that historically most theistic
regimes are also totalitarian including most of the modern examples.  ;)