Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 05:10:12PM -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 01:43:24PM -0800, Michael M. wrote:

> > > Well, people do like to pretend that they are in control of the world
> > > until they realize that they are not.
> >

> > That's something of a non-sequiter.  You seem to be implying that
> > atheists pretend they are in control of the world.  I would say it's
> > just the reverse:  it's the theists who think they are in control, as in
> > "have all the answers."  They look to one of several ancient texts,
> > purported to be the words of either a deity or prophet, and decide these
> > things are true, ignoring all evidence to the contrary as well as the
> > internal contradictions of those texts.
> >
> If you meet a Christian (I can't speak for other faiths) who thinks he
> or she is in control, then that individual is wrong.  The Bible
> explicitly states on numerous occasions that God is ultimately in
> control.  Of everything.
>
> Out of curiousity, could you provide evidence of something that
> contradicts anything that is written in the Bible?

I know that this list has been going off-topic a lot lately, but could
we not get into a religious argument? Politics is far enough, but
arguing over religion is just petty.

Everyone has their own belief, and let it be that way. Arguing over it
isn't going to help anyone, it's just going to create grudges in the
community between users.