Re: OT: a dumb query? pls humor me

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 10:42:26AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Michael Pobega wrote:
>
> > $4 per gallon though? That's amazing. I can't believe anyone can be
> > allowed to change that much for gas, it's highway robbery
>
> That's the price of a gallon of gas.  In the US, this price is largely
> subsidized by military force so it's artificially low.

Actually, the price of gas in the US has little to do with military
force.  Nice troll, though.

The US is the biggest energy market in the world, though China is
catching up.  Big market means lots of players.  Of course, you probably
went to a public school (read: government indoctrination center) and so
the basics of economics might not be something your were taught.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez