OT: a dumb query? pls humor me

Michael Pobega wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 08:52:27AM +0100, Joe Hart wrote:
>
>> Please don't start talking about gas prices.  It makes me think about
>> how much we get ripped off at the pumps.  Current price is 1.40 Euro per
>> liter.  Do the math:  1.3 Euro = 1 Dollar.  3.8 liter = 1 US Gallon.
>>

> That's pretty cheap. I live in New York and gasoline up here is $2.30
> or so per gallon.

You missed the math. Joe's price of $1 is per _liter_, not gallon. He's
paying almost $4 per gallon, while you're paying $2.30. I have a hard
time calling that "cheap".

Now, how would one do this calculation in OO.o Calc? Or Gnumeric? Or
maybe some other Debian math-y proggie? Maybe, how would one draw a
graph comparing the two prices?

--
Kent West
Westing Peacefully <http://kentwest.blogspot.com>