Re: Woody on 486 problem

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 02/16/07 15:55, Mike McCarty wrote:

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 02/16/07 14:45, Mike McCarty wrote:

Why not install Linux and dosemu?

On a machine with 16MB? It fills a need I have as is.

It would let you run multiple DOS sessions.

I repeat: It fills a need I have as is. I'd need to

You are sooooo non-geeky.

Huh? How many microcontrollers have you built from
scratch using point-to-point soldering? I've built
a few. I use the MSDOS machine to do direct hardware
control via the printer port, and to communicate
with MC68HC11 uC I have built doing various logging
and telemetry, like temperature, using RF modems
I designed and built myself.

Not geeky enough? Hmm...

put more disc on it, for one thing.

OS/2 is also a *definite* option.

Ditto above.

Really?  I recall installing OS/2 3.0 on a 540MB HDD.

The drive on that machine is FULL. IIRC, it has less
than 3MB free.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.