Re: Attracting newbies (Was Booting Debian/testing fails)

On 2007-02-06, Michael Pobega <pobega@gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I know I've read that Mutt doesn't work well with Gmail; And
> seeing as my main/only e-mail account is gmail, I can't use Mutt :-(

You can use Fetchmail to retrieve all of your mail using POP3 or IMAP. Once it
is delivered to your local mail spool (by default under /var/mail) you can
read it with Mutt. For even better results, use Procmail to filter the
incoming mail into various folders, to perform spam filtering, to delete
duplicate messages or whatever else you need, as it arrives. Some people
prefer Maildrop to Procmail. They are both packaged for Debian.