Re: Attracting newbies (Was Booting Debian/testing fails)

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 16:35:22 -0500
Michael Pobega <pobega@gmail.com> wrote:

> Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 04:28:44PM -0500, Michael Pobega wrote:
> >

> >> I always thought you were supposed to respond to messages as
> >>

> > Most decent mail programs have a "list reply" button or function
> > that correctly identifies the mailing list and sends the reply to
> > only the list.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > -Roberto
> >

> Using icedove at the moment, can you suggest to me a better mail
> client to use for mailing list *and* personal email on the same
> account? (I have Icedove/Thunderbird set to filter out all mail with
> @lists.debian.org to my Debian mailing list folder, and then from
> there automatically sort which mailing list it's from.)

For a decent graphical mail client you can't beat Sylpheed-Claws.
Handles threading really well and is very customisable when you get
under the hood.

Regards

PS if you have the time and patience try Mutt
--
John K Masters - User #417400 in the Linux Counter
http://counter.li.org/