Re: Attracting newbies (Was Booting Debian/testing fails)

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 15:06:11 -0500
Michael Pobega <pobega@gmail.com> wrote:

Where is the graphical installer, anyway? I'd love to try it out
myself, I haven't got the chance (I just used NetInstall's default
curses installer).

Just boot with 'installgui' or 'expertgui'.

I've had bad experiences with Kubuntu myself. I convinced my brother to
try it, but it would freeze at loading KDE. He was pretty disappointed
and gave up. Now I want to give it another try with etch as I am more
experienced and I know Debian much better anyway.

Ah, that's pretty cool. I found a screenshot here:

Is expertgui a seperate GUI from curses? I can't seem to find anything on google about it (And I don't have the Debian NetInstall CD to boot at the moment)