Re: Attracting newbies (Was Booting Debian/testing fails)

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 14:43:58 -0500
Michael Pobega <pobega@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Could the installer be made easier for someone who is not very
> > curious?  I suppose so but I would absolutely hate seeing Debian go
> > the way of Ubuntu.  I'd probably move to Slackware, a *BSD, or
> > Gentoo if that happened.
> I would hate to see a graphical installer for Debian. I think the

Sorry to disappoint you, but etch has a graphical installer (though not
as default). But then I don't think this is a bad idea and IIRC it has
better support for some special characters. Besides, Debian is about
choice. You can use the text-mode OR gui installer.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)