Re: Fonts problem on Debian Etch

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:55:08 -0500
"David Shultz" <mrbraz97@gmail.com> wrote:

> First of all a little bit of development. I changed the vertical
> refresh rate(on Gnome) from 50 to 57 Hz. And what you know now
> it is a lot better but not 100%. Now i'm using 1680x1050
> resolution but LG's recommended resolution is 60 Hz. Is it
> possible to change vertical refresh rate to 60Hz system wide?

Under the "Monitor" section of the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf, add the
following line.

    VertRefresh 60

You will need to restart X for this to take effect. If you are using
GDM in its default setup, the easiest way to restart is to issue the
following command as root.

    /etc/init.d/gdm restart

Warning: you will be instantly logged out when you do this!

--

Liam