Re: problem with netinstall of AMD64 Etch.....

Hi Michael,

Try the command "base-config" to reconfigure your apt sources (and some
other basic stuff).

to check your network connections you should first try to:

"ping gd.tuwien.ac.at" (or whatever you like)

if you receive packets - everything is fine.

if not try "ping 72.14.221.103".

if you receive packets - that's still good -> your internet connection
is up and running.
The only thing that's missing is a valid DNS Server.

if you get any other messages (i.e: timeouts)

use the "ifconfig eth0" command:
if you get an errormessage about interfaceinformation, than you network
adapter has no valid driver up and running.
else
post the results :-)

Good night and good luck,

Moritz