Re: Open (helper application chooser) for iceweasel/icedove is too simple

Mathias Brodala wrote:
> Kent West, 10.01.2007 17:44:
>
>> I thought it was a problem in iceweasel, but I can not now recreate the
>> problem there. But I can recreate it in icedove, version 1.5.0.9 (20061220).
>>
>> Steps:
>> * Receive an email with an attachment.
>> * Double-click on the attachment.
>> * Select "Open with" and "Browse" or "Other".
>> * Start typing "/u" and the rest of "/usr" auto-fills in, which messes
>> you up when you, without looking up, continue typing "s" and following.
>>

> If I type „/u“ in my Icedove I indeed get inserterted „/usr“ but I can just
> continue to type since the inserted text is selected autmatically.

I get inconsistent behaviour; I just tried again after your post, and
got the same results you got. But then, without closing the dialog, I
erased everything I had typed and tried it again, and got the results
reported earlier.

--
Kent West
Westing Peacefully <http://kentwest.blogspot.com>