Re: Open (helper application chooser) for iceweasel/icedove is too simple

Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 02:02 +1100, Geoff Reidy wrote:
>
>> It's awful, if I just type in "/usr/bin" I get "/usr/src//bin" because
>> of it's autocompletion, so you have to type slowly and watch what it's
>> doing.
>>

> I can't reproduce this.

I can, and I too, absolutely hate it.

I'm thankful for Geoff's fix:

> user_pref("ui.allow_platform_file_picker", false);

provided in the previous post, although instead of editing prefs.js, I
entered "about:config" into Iceweasel's address bar, and then searched
for "picker", and double-clicked on the line to convert it to "false".
Ah-h-h-h; much better.

--
Kent West
Westing Peacefully <http://kentwest.blogspot.com>