Re: Wireless module bcm43xx in 2.6.17 kernel

Freddy Freeloader wrote:

Well, that was a good idea, but it didn't work. I simply cannot connect with any type of encryption. There is a line in dmesg that says "Cleared all keys" before the card starts sending out sending out dhcp requests, so I'm guessing that is what the problem is. And, the output from iwconfig says that Encryption is off no matter how I set up /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf. and I have gone all the way through the wpa_supplicant site looking for a way to enable it but been unsuccessful in my search.

WEP isn't supposed to require wpa_supplicant to work. Try by disabling wpa_supplicant. In the laptop running Ubuntu here, wpa_supplicant is disabled; the bcm43xx doesn't see that package at all and WEP works flawlessly. In fact, IIRC, I faced problems with wpa_supplicant, never got it working.

->HS