Re: How do you get vim-latexsuite to work?

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 11:09:23AM EDT, Joseph Smidt wrote:
> I installed Debian's vim-latexsuite package.  It seemed to install fine,
> but when I open a .tex document none of the commands seem to work.  For
> example, when I push F5, I don't get a menu of options to choose like
> equartion , etc.. Or when I type :TTemplate it doesn't give me template
> options.  Anyways, none of the commands seem to work.
>     I tried to read documentation, but I can't find anything that tells
> me how to get it working.  There is no man page.  I was just wondering,
> how do I get vim-latexsuite to work?  Do I have to issue a command?  Do
> I have to uncomment some parameter in a config file?  Thanks.
>
> 			Joseph Smidt

I installed it a few days ago -- so I can only think of a few things:

1. I don't use the gui version but if you do, my understanding is that
you should get a bunch of additional pull-down menus.  I saw some
screenshots of this -- possibly on the download page at www.vim.org.

2. The plugin is extensively documented in the Vim help after install.

   :h latex-suite.txt

   You can also use the following:

   :h latex-suite-quickstart.txt

   to access the tutorial

   or for reference purposes:

   :h latex

   .. and do a <Ctrl-D> -- instead of <enter>

3. One manner of accessing different functionalities via the keyboard is to
   use <leader>ll commands -- where <leader> is by default mapped to "\"
   and "ll" are two letters.

   for instance:

   \ll         : compile document
   \lv         : view resulting .dvi file