Re: How many DDs are there?

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang@gmail.com>:

> I always wondered why I would be motivated to leave Debian :-)

Over the years, I've thought of lots of them (here's three):

   - Why did /usr/bin/grep disappear ?  Yes, /bin/grep is still there,
     but why is /usr/bin/grep not there now?  /usr/bin/zsh is still
     there alongside /bin/zsh.  Curious.  :-|

   - At times, Debian can look like "OS by committee."  Eeww.

   - There's always some "gotcha" involved in going from (eg.) Woody
     to Sarge.  hotplug/udev, xfree86/xorg, ...  Usually, these are
     outside Debian's control, however at times, they can appear
     capricious (a la /usr/bin/grep and /bin/grep).

Those are the big ones (for me).  Of course, they're far outweighed by
reasons to stay with Debian.  "RPM Hell" being a big one.  :-)

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html