Re: security problem: console text gets sent to printer

Mumia W.. wrote:
There is no way to disable the special input modes. That's why Debian provides both rxvt-xpm (rxvt) and urxvt (rxvt-unicode).
ok, good to know... maybe i should return back to uxterm :)

BTW, I can input accented characters in rxvt using my Multi_key (Compose). I used xmodmap to assign an unused key to the Compose key. I press Compose-A-` to get À.
Here are some more fun composed characters: § ½ ¶ ÷ × « »
è é ö â ø ÿ
the problem is that rxvt-xpm is not even able to display utf-8 encoded text files with special characters - it's just producing garbage... (even with unicode font used)

regards,

--
Lubos _@_"
http://www.lubos.vrbka.net